Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Than A Feeling, for BOSTON

1976: Boston's debut album blew me away. I was 11 and again staying over my Granparent's double-decker in Boston. The houses were close together and some older kids lived next door. I heard this playing and listened from the window. Later that day, I asked one of the kids what they were listening to. They told it was a new group called Boston. The next day my Grandmother took me on the subway to downtown boston and bought it for me.

The lead guitarist, Tom Scholz, an MIT grad, actually created the effects devices that gave his playing it's signature sound.

Sadly, the lead singer Brad Delp killed himself in 2007.

I 100% think Boston belongs in the Music Hall of Fame.

Currently Reading: "Dead Yard" (Adrian McKinty) & "Divorcing Jack" (Colin Bateman)

Song of the Day on the Commute: "Girl From A Pawn Shop" (live version) (Black Crowes)

Completed Novel: MINDJACKER, Crime Thriller

Current WIP: SISSY MURPHY, Crime Thriller

2 comments:

  1. I've recently discovered Boston thanks to Rock Band, (I love playing Foreplay/Long Time on the drums). I haven't gotten into them a whole lot, and when I was a kid that kind of music wasn't allowed.

    "Dead Yard" is great.

    Mindjacker...is that on your other blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenna,

    Yeah, DEAD YARD was awesome, especially since it all takes place in MASS/ NH and I have either been to, or spent a lot of time in every place the story happens. Adrian must have been around here to get all the details so perfect. I'm going to ask him, one of these days.

    My other blog I use for my writing, and as soon as the covers (ebook & papareback) are ready, I'll be publishing MINDJACKER. Hopefully, in July and I'm really exited about it.

    ReplyDelete