Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LANCE KERWIN: 70's TEEN IDOL

Lance Kerwin was a household name in the 1970's. Most everyone knows him from the "Salem's Lot" mini-series. He was the poster boy for teens who dealt with issues of the times. The titles themselves say a lot obout what kind of movies they were: "James at Fifteen", "Children of Divorce", "The Boy who Drank too Much", you get the picture.

Lance was also in one of my top 5 favorite 1970's made-for-tv movies of all time, "THE DEATH OF RITCHIE". This movie will be the topic of another post, as will the other 4 favorites. So, stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I think we are about the same age, but I guess I lived a sheltered life. I don't recognize any of the movies you mentioned...I did watch Salem's Lot--the movie in the late 70's or early 80's when it was on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,

    Most of these were either ABC "After School Specials" or ABC "Movies of the Week". I watched a lot of TV as a kid, as you might guess. The used to be a show on HBO called "Dream On", and I always related to the main character and how he associated everything to tv shows & movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sean, I figured you had the right idea with popping up and checking out some of the other posters blogs so here I am. I'm not sure I fit in the "children of the 70's" category though. I was born in the late 70's but I don't remember any of the stuff you mentioned. However, I wasn't raised with cable either...I was happy when my parents caved and got this new gadget called a VCR...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenna,

    Thanks for stopping by. We didn't get cable until late in the game, compared to most of the families in the hood. During my youth, there were only 3 channels, ABC, NBC, CBS.

    ReplyDelete