Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Fonz and the Chicken Stand Jump

September 23, 1975. Happy Days was on Tuesday nights. You never missed it. I was in fourth grade when I got my first exposure to the "cliffhanger". The Fonz was going to jump over a record 14 garbage cans, to get his cool back. This was huge, the fonz needed his cool. It ended up being a two part episode, with part one ending just before he makes the jump. We had to wait an agonizing wee to see what happened. Would he make it? Would he live? There was no internet to leak the results back then. I have to believe part two was the most watched show on TV that night. The Fonz did make it, but crashed into Arnold's chicken stand. I still remember Pat Morita doing his recap, with a drumstick serving as a throttle.

No comments:

Post a Comment